Chocolate Almond Frosting
A rich, fudgy, nutty frosting for that special cake.
enough for a 1-layer cake
- 4 ounces (4 squares) semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 ounces (2 squares) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 cup Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon almond liqueur or almond extract
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
In medium bowl, beat chocolate, sugar, butter and extract 5 minutes, or until smooth. Frost cake; pat almonds around sides of cake.
Recipe can be doubled for a 2-layer cake.