Chocolate Banana Coconut Mini Cupcakes
96 mini cupcakes
- 1 Chocolate Touchdown Cake recipe
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large or 2 medium fresh bananas, very ripe
- 3 3/4 cups (1 lb. box) Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon banana extract
- 1 small bag (7 oz.) shredded coconut
- additional bananas, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake recipe according to directions. Divide batter into a mini 24-cup baking pan.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cupcakes spring back to the touch. While cupcakes are baking, make frosting.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and bananas together until light and fluffy. Slowly add sugar, 1 cup at a time, scraping down sides of the bowl with each addition. Add remaining ingredients; beat on low speed until combined. Then, continue to beat on high for 3 to 5 minutes. This will incorporate air into the frosting, making it light and easy to spread or use in a piping bag.
Allow cupcakes to cool completely before topping with frosting. Top with shredded coconut and garnish with banana slices, if desired.
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days; bring to room temperature before eating to allow the frosting to soften.
Click here for Chocolate Touchdown Cake recipe.