Chocolate “Carrot Patch” Cups
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup (6 oz.) chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
- 1 (12 oz.) package orange chocolate melting wafers
- 9 fresh strawberries
- 1 (9 oz.) package (about 10 cookies) chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. Mix in milk, butter, vanilla and chocolate chips. Spread in ungreased 9x9x2-inch baking pan.
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa. Sprinkle over top. Pour hot water over batter.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Let cake cool.
Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
In microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate wafers, stirring every 30 seconds until fully melted. Dip each strawberry into the chocolate up to the stem, to fully cover the strawberry. Set onto prepared tray. Place in refrigerator for approximately 5 minutes to harden.
Assembling Dessert Cups:
Spoon into 3 oz. mini-dessert cups. Top with crushed chocolate wafer cookies. Place one chocolate covered strawberry on top.
Give your dessert cups the charm of a mini carrot patch with our printable paper picket fence.
This pudding cake can also be served warm alongside your favorite ice cream for a truly indulgent treat.
Plastic 3 oz. cups are available at party supply stores.