Chocolate Chip Cake with Chocolate Glaze
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. (about 2 cups) mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces (4 squares) semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan.
Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla in large mixing bowl until well blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture, alternately with milk, until well blended; stir in mini chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 70 to 90 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan; turn out on cooling rack. Cool completely.
Coarsely chop chocolate; place in small bowl. Combine chocolate and cream in top of double boiler. Set over hot water. Heat until chocolate melts; stir to blend. Add corn syrup and stir to blend.
Allow to cool slightly, then drizzle over cake.