Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Confectioners Sugar Glaze
- 1 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (3 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk, water or fruit juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- colored sugar crystals (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
In large bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in chocolate pieces.
In 1-cup glass measure, place cooled butter, vanilla, eggs and enough milk to make 1 cup. Add to dry ingredients; beat until smooth. Pour into muffin cups.
Bake 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
In a medium bowl, beat together confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.
Drizzle glaze over cooled cupcakes; decorate with colored sugar crystals, if desired.
To make your own colored sugar crystals, add 1 to 2 drops of liquid food coloring, or 1 drop of gel, to 1/4 cup granulated sugar; blend in with back of spoon. Use to decorate as desired.