Chocolate Chipotle Brownies
- 4 ounces (4 squares) chocolate, unsweetened (best quality)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 4 or 5 pieces
- 1 1/4 cups Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (best quality)
- Domino® Confectioners Sugar (for dusting)
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over sides.
In the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, melt the unsweetened chocolate with the butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat when chocolate and butter are melted.
Using a whisk, mix in the brown sugar, cinnamon, chipotle and salt. Add the eggs, mixing after each addition; add the vanilla. Continue to whisk until the batter is smooth, about 2 minutes, then add flour; mix until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pour batter into pan, tilting the pan to ensure that batter reaches all corners.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
Cool completely, then use the foil to lift the brownies out of the pan for slicing. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Featured by Ariela Pelaia, Baking and Books (www.bakingandbooks.com).