Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Cookies
about 4 dozen cookies
- 2/3 cup (1 1/3 sticks) butter
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces (12 squares) semisweet baking chocolate
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
Preheat oven to 375°F and arrange rack to center position. Prepare ungreased baking sheets.
Beat butter and shortening with sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Whisk flour with salt and baking soda and gradually stir into butter mixture.
Chop chocolate by hand into large chunks; cut macadamia nuts in half. Fold chocolate and nuts into batter and drop by heaping tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Cool 2 to 3 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool thoroughly before storing.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature.