Chocolate Ice Cream Pie
8 to 10 servings
- 1/4 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups almonds, blanched, toasted and ground
- 1/3 cup (2/3 stick) butter
- 1 ounce (1 square) semisweet chocolate
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/3 cup Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 2 ounces (2 squares) semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1 Sweetened Whipped Cream recipe
Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan.
In medium bowl, combine sugar and almonds. Stir butter and chocolate into nut mixture; pat mixture into pie pan. Chill 1 hour, or until set.
Spread chocolate ice cream into crust. Freeze until serving time.
In top of double boiler over simmering water, heat confectioners' sugar, chocolate, cream and rum, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth.
Serve warm; top pie and garnish with sliced almonds and sweetened whipped cream.
Makes 1/2 cup of sauce.
Click here for Sweetened Whipped Cream recipe.