Chocolate Mint Cupcakes
- 1 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mint extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Quick Fudge Frosting recipe (See Quick Tip for link to recipe)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients; mix well. In a separate bowl, combine water, oil, vinegar, mint extract, eggs and sour cream. Add to dry ingredients, beating with an electric mixer 1 to 2 minutes, or by hand with a whisk, until smooth. Do not over mix.
Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Top cupcakes with Quick Fudge Frosting.
Click here for the Quick Fudge Frosting recipe.
For extra chocolaty twist, fold in 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips!