Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup corn syrup, light
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- whipped cream (optional garnish)
- pecan halves, for dipping (optional garnish)
- 1 milk chocolate bar, for shaving and dipping pecan halves (optional garnish)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 9-inch deep pie plate and cookie sheet.
Roll out pie crust to slightly larger than prepared pie plate. Gently fit pastry into plate. Fold edges under and crimp. Pierce pastry with fork. Partially bake 10 to 12 minutes; set aside.
In a double boiler, melt the butter with chocolate chips; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat eggs, then add sugar, syrup, vanilla and salt. Add the butter/chocolate mixture; blend thoroughly. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour filling into partially baked crust; place pie plate on cookie sheet.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until set.
Serve with whipped cream, topped lightly with chocolate shavings. Garnish with chocolate-dipped pecan halves, if desired.
To prepare chocolate shavings, simply cut or "peel" a milk chocolate candy bar with an ordinary potato peeler! Melt remaining chocolate and dip pecan halves to use as additional garnish.