Chocolate Pecan Tartlets
- 6 tartlet crusts
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup corn syrup, light
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 milk chocolate bar (for shaving and dipping pecans halves)
- pecan halves (optional garnish)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place tartlet crusts on a large baking sheet. Bake partially for 10 minutes.
In double boiler, melt the butter with the chocolate chips; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, then add brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Add the butter-chocolate mixture; blend. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour filling into partially baked crusts.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until crust is golden and center of tartlet is set.
If desired, decorate as suggested with chocolate shavings or chocolate-dipped pecan halves.
To prepare chocolate shavings, simply cut or "peel" a milk chocolate candy bar with an ordinary potato peeler! Melt remaining chocolate and dip pecan halves to use as additional garnish.