Chocolate Sugar Cookies
about 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces (2 squares) bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
Beat brown sugar and butter in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until creamy. Add chocolate; beat well. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
On well-floured surface, roll out half of dough at a time to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into shapes with floured cookie cutters; place on prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
For drop cookies, add 3 tablespoons of milk, alternately with dry ingredients. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
To melt chocolate, place in heavy saucepan on very low heat; stir constantly until just melted.