Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake
12 to 15 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar divided
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 to 6 Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled and sliced
Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease bundt pan.
In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In another bowl, mix eggs, 2 cups sugar, oil and vanilla; add flour mixture a little at a time, alternating with orange juice.
In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Layer in bundt pan as follows: 1/3 batter, 1/3 sliced apples and 1/3 cinnamon-sugar mixture. Repeat 2 times.
Bake for 90 to 120 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; serve warm.