Coconut Pecan Chocolate Bread Pudding
8 to 10 servings
- 1/2 cup coconut, sweetened
- 2 cups milk
- 3 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chocolate pieces, roughly chopped
- 4 cups French or Italian bread, cut into 1-inch pieces
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9-inch square pan.
Put the coconut, milk and cream in a saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until hot.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, yolks, sugar, salt and vanilla until combined. Slowly whisk in hot coconut milk to make a custard.
Scatter pecan and chocolate pieces in bottom of prepared pan. Put bread on top. Pour custard over bread.
Bake about 40 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out coated with a thickened custard. Cool slightly before eating. Can be reheated.
Featured by Chef Emily Luchetti.