Cranberry Peach Tart
6 to 8 servings
- prepared pastry for one-crust 9-inch pie
- 1 package (20 oz.) sliced frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or frozen, thawed
- 1/2 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 9-inch tart pan or pie pan with pastry; trim edges until pastry is even with top edge of pan. Prick bottom of pastry with a fork.
Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven; reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
Combine peaches, cranberries, sugar, flour, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl, tossing gently until well mixed. Spread evenly in partially baked crust.
Combine flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Using a fork or pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle evenly over filling.
Bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until filling is bubbly. Cover pie loosely with foil for the last 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning.
For Blueberry Peach Tart, substitute fresh blueberries (or frozen, thawed) for the cranberries.