Creamy Pear Cobbler
4 to 6 servings
- 4 cups (about 3 large) firm pears, peeled and sliced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1/2 cup regular oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare lightly greased 11x7-inch baking dish.
Toss pears with lemon juice; set aside.
Beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, flour, egg and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gently stir in pear mixture. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with oatmeal topping.
Bake 45 minutes or until golden in color. Cool slightly and serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Stir together oats, sugars, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter with fork or pastry blender until mixture is crumbly; stir in walnuts.
4 cups (about 3 large) peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples may be substituted for pears.