Crunchy Munchie Snack Mix
4 to 6 cups snack mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar , firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted, dry roasted nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup pretzels (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper sprayed lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and maple syrup. Add oats, salt, cinnamon, rice cereal and pecans; mix well. Spread into prepared pan.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes. To ensure even browning, stir at least once or twice during the baking process. Bake until the oats are golden brown.
Cool completely. Break into pieces, and combine with optional ingredients, if desired.
Store in an airtight container.