Delicious Apple Pie
- prepared pastry for double-crust 9-inch pie
- 3/4 cup firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 6 cups apples, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 9-inch pie pan with half of pastry.
In large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and lemon rind. Add apples; toss to coat evenly. Spoon apple mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice; dot with butter.
Top with remaining pastry; trim and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust to allow steam to escape. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil.
Bake 20 minutes. Remove foil. Bake another 20 to 25 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
For a festive touch, add 1 cup fresh (or frozen, thawed) cranberries to sliced apple mixture.