Delightful Devil's Food Drop Cookies with Mocha Frosting
about 4 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces (2 squares) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups Domino® Confectioners Sugar divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a greased cookie sheet.
In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in chocolate.
In medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Add to chocolate mixture, alternately with the sour cream; mix well. Stir in nuts. Drop from teaspoon, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until done. Cool on waxed paper before frosting.
In large bowl, cream butter, cocoa, instant coffee and salt together. Slowly mix in 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Add remaining 2 cups confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
Frost completely cooled cookies.