Double Cafe Diable
4 to 6 servings
- 5 cups hot, strong, brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons Domino® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum extract (optional)
- 8 cloves, whole
- 2 (2x1/2-inch) strips orange zest
- 1 stick cinnamon plus 4 to 6 additional sticks for optional garnish
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso powder
- ground cinnamon (optional garnish)
In a 2-quart saucepan, stir together coffee, sugar, rum extract, cloves, orange zest and 1 cinnamon stick. Stir over medium heat until coffee is hot and sugar is dissolved.
In mixing bowl, beat cream, confectioners' sugar and instant coffee powder together on high speed until soft peaks form.
To serve, strain coffee, pour into cups and top with a dollop of whipped cream. If desired, sprinkle each cup with ground cinnamon and add a cinnamon stick.