Dried Cherry Scones
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 3/4 cup dried, tart cherries, coarsely chopped
- Domino® Granulated Sugar for sprinkling
- 1 cup sifted Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare ungreased baking sheet.
In large mixing bowl, combine cake flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, blend in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
In another large mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup cream, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, orange rind and cherries. Add to flour mixture; use a fork to combine.
On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough slightly; pat into a 3/4-inch thick round. Cut into 8 wedges.
Place wedges on prepared baking sheet; brush with remaining cream. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
In small mixing bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar, orange juice and vanilla. Stir in enough additional orange juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, to obtain drizzling consistency.
Serve these scones warm, with or without the orange glaze.