You’re only steps away from making homemade gingerbread cookies with this Fast Track Gingerbread Cookie recipe. No need to measure out brown sugar or chill the cookie dough!
Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
To create flavor that's deep, rich, and real, use only Domino® Dark Brown Sugar. Its moistness and deep, rich molasses flavor make it ideal for full-flavored or savory recipes.
- 6 cups all-purpose flour 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/3 cups firmly packed Domino® Dark Brown Sugar 2 1/3 cups firmly packed Domino® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup molasses 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs, room temperature 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 Royal Icing recipe 1 Royal Icing recipe
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients, except sugar; set aside.
Combine sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer; add molasses. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides with each addition.
Add dry ingredients slowly to the sugar mixture, until a thick dough forms. Divide dough into four parts, wrapping each with plastic wrap.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and place on a baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely before removing cookies from pan. Repeat for the rest of the dough.
Prepare the Royal Icing recipe and use to decorate the cookies as desired.
Dough can be frozen up to 3 months.
Holiday Baking Guide
From frostings to fudge, use our holiday guide for deliciously festive treats made with Domino® Sugar.