Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
3 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Domino® Pourable Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6 oz.) pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; stir. In a separate bowl, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, water and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
To freeze chocolate chip cookie dough, drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheets and freeze uncovered until firm. Remove the frozen unbaked cookie dough, pack into a freezer bag and freeze up to 1 month. To bake, arrange the frozen dough on cookie sheets and let thaw for about 45 minutes before baking.