Favorite Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces (3 squares) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups water, chilled
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
Beat sugars, butter, salt and chocolate in large mixing bowl at high speed, until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; continue beating 1 to 2 minutes, until well mixed.
In small bowl, stir together flour and baking soda. Add to chocolate mixture, alternately with water, blending well after each addition. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan.
Frost with buttercream frosting, if desired.
Click here for Buttercream Frosting recipe.