Festive Lemon Ring Cake
- 1 1/2 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cups lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 12-cup fluted tube pan.
In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon juice until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
Pour into prepared pan and bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan 10 minutes; invert. Cool on wire rack.
Blend confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over top and sides of cooled cake.