Frosted Birthday Cupcake Cones
15 to 17 cupcake cones
- 3/4 cup firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 ounce (1 square) semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 15 to 17 flat bottom ice cream cones
- 3 3/4 cups (1 lb. box) Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 ounces (2 squares) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons half-and-half or milk
- colored sprinkles and sugars (for garnish)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 15 to 17 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl at high speed for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add eggs, chocolate and vanilla; continue beating 1 to 2 minutes, until well mixed. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat at low speed just until combined. Stir in miniature chocolate chips.
Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Place one ice cream cone upside down on top of each cupcake.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cupcakes comes out clean (cones will tip slightly to one side of cupcake). Cool completely in pan.
In mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, chocolate, vanilla and half-and-half. Beat until smooth; add enough half-and-half to reach desired spreading consistency.
Remove paper liners from cupcakes, and if necessary, use a bit of frosting to help cone attach firmly to cupcake. Frost cupcake completely; sprinkle with colored sprinkles and sugars, as desired.