Frosted Mocha Cookies
about 3 dozen cookies
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee or espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate sprinkles (for decorations)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheets.
Dissolve coffee in hot water; set aside. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and coffee; mix well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in small bowl; gradually add to sugar mixture, alternately with sour cream, beating until well mixed.
On a well-floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter; place on prepared cookie sheets.
Bake 12 minutes. Cool cookies completely before frosting.
In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Frost cooled cookies and decorate with chocolate sprinkles.
Featured by Yvonne LeFevre of Jackson Heights, New York.