Hearty Agave Oatmeal
2 to 3 servings
- 2 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup oats, steel cut
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, whole grain
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons Domino® Organic Blue Agave Nectar Amber Syrup
- 1 large organic Granny Smith apple, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (or any dried fruit)
- ground cinnamon
Bring water and salt (if using) to a boil. Add in both oats, reduce heat to low and cook 12 to 18 minutes, until desired consistency is reached, stirring occasionally. Cover, remove from heat; let stand a few minutes. Mix in butter and agave nectar.
Spoon oatmeal into 2 or 3 individual bowls; top with apple, walnuts and cranberries. Sprinkle ground cinnamon on top, to taste.
For creamier oatmeal, add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.