Hot Spiced Cider
6 to 8 servings
- 2 quarts fresh apple cider
- 8 sticks cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup plus additional to dip glass rims, Domino® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar
- 1 lemon peel (yellow part only)
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten (optional, to dip glass rims)
Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
Decorate rims of heat-safe glasses or mugs by beating the egg white in a small bowl until slightly frothy. Dip the rims of the mugs or glasses into the egg white, then into a small dish of sugar.
Strain cider into mugs or glasses. Place a cinnamon stick into each glass to garnish; serve immediately.