Irish Cream Pound Cake
10 to 12 servings
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Irish cream flavored liquid coffee creamer
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Domino® Confectioners Sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Irish cream liqueur (optional)
- semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 325°F. Generously grease and flour a 12-cup fluted tube pan.
Beat butter in large bowl until smooth. Add sugar; continue beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. At low speed, add flour and creamer alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Mix well after each addition; stir in vanilla. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 70 to 80 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; invert onto cooling rack. Cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
In small mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; add vanilla. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
Cut cake into serving pieces; top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream topping. Garnish with a sprig of mint, or drizzle your favorite Irish cream liqueur over each serving, if desired. For a special touch, top with a chocolate shamrock filigree.
To make chocolate shamrock filigrees, melt chocolate chips in resealable plastic bag. Snip a small opening in one corner. Pipe the outline of a shamrock approximately 1/4 inch wide on individual squares of waxed paper. Refrigerate until serving time. Peel from waxed paper before use.
For a more intense Irish cream flavor, substitute regular Irish cream liqueur for the coffee creamer, and add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt to dry ingredients.