Lavender Sugar Cookies
3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 5 tablespoons Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh lavender (or mint, rose or any edible fragrant flower petals), chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water (egg wash)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar (additional for rolling)
In large bowl, beat butter until pale yellow and fluffy. Gradually add sugars; beat well. In small bowl, stir together flour, lavender and salt. Add to butter mixture; beat until thoroughly combined.
Roll dough into 2 logs about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and about 12 inches in length. Wrap logs in plastic wrap; chill for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Unwrap chilled dough and brush with egg wash mixture. Roll logs in additional granulated sugar. Slice dough into 1/4 inch-thick cookies and place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
Bake until lightly golden around the edges, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely.