Lunch Box Surprise Cupcakes
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 3/4 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 24 jelly beans or unwrapped chocolate kisses
- 3 3/4 cups (1 lb. pkg.) Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 24-cup medium muffin tins or line with paper baking cups.
Mix butter, sugars, eggs and extract in large mixing bowl until blended. Beat on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 5 minutes. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add, alternately with milk, with mixer on low speed.
Fill muffin cups 1/3 full and place jelly beans or unwrapped chocolate kisses in center of each. Top with remaining batter, until 2/3 full.
Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until top springs back when touched; cool.
Combine in large bowl, confectioners' sugar, butter, milk and vanilla. Beat at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes, until creamy. Frost and decorate cupcakes as desired.