Macadamia Milk Chocolate Brittle Bars
about 2 1/2 dozen bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur or strong brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6-oz. pkg.) toffee bits
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts, chopped and divided
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) milk chocolate or white vanilla chips, divided
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
Beat together butter, sugars, coffee liqueur and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, salt and baking soda, beating at low speed until well mixed. Stir in toffee bits, 1 cup macadamia nuts and 1 cup chips. Press dough evenly into prepared pan.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown around edges. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips evenly over top; spread with knife. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Cool on wire rack.
Cut into small bars or break up into chunks.
Featured by Edwina Gadsby of Great Falls, Montana.