- 1 (7 ounce) package (3/4 cup) almond paste
- 3/4 cup Domino® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- food coloring paste (optional)
- Domino® Confectioners Sugar (optional, if using cookie cutters)
Break almond paste into small pieces; place in food processor. Add sugar; process until mixture is texture of coarse meal. Add corn syrup and almond extract; process until blended. Test with 1 tablespoon of mixture, rolling between palms. If mixture is crumbly, add additional corn syrup, by teaspoons, until mixture holds together.
Tint with food coloring paste by breaking off a piece of marzipan and kneading in desired color.
Using cookie cutters, marzipan can be rolled out and cut into decorative shapes. Have confectioners' sugar spread out on a sheet of waxed paper nearby. To prevent sticking, dip cookie cutters or hands into sugar frequently.