Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick ) butter, softened
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup Domino® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 3/4 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and chili powder; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, melted chocolate, sugars, eggs and almond extract. Mix on medium speed until blended.
On low speed, mix in flour mixture until dough forms.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake 12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Store in an airtight container for up to one week.