Mocha Chocolate Mousse
4 to 6 servings
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 cup Domino® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar
- 2 teaspoons espresso or instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place chocolate in small bowl and set aside.
In small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup heavy cream, sugar and espresso. Over medium heat, stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Pour sugar mixture over chocolate; let stand 30 seconds. Stir constantly until mixture is smooth and chocolate is melted. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
Whip remaining heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold gently into chocolate mixture. Spoon into serving dishes; chill at least 2 hours. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
To make chocolate curls, carefully draw a vegetable peeler across the broad surface of a bar of semisweet or milk chocolate. This works best if the chocolate is at room temperature.