Norwegian Butter Cookies
- 3/4 lb. - butter (3 sticks) softened room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 2 - eggs lightly beaten
- 3 cups - all-purpose flour (measure after sifting)
- 1/3 teaspoon - salt
- 1/2 teaspoon - vanilla
- 1/4 cup - Domino® Confectioners Sugar sifted
- A cookie press or pastry bag with a large star tip
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter, then slowly beat in sugar. Add lightly beaten eggs. In a separate bowl, mix flour and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture. Blend well. Add vanilla.
Fill cookie press or pastry bag with one quarter of dough at a time. Pipe cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool 10 minutes while on cookie sheet. Transfer to rack to cool completely. Over waxed paper, lightly dust with confectioners' sugar. Store cookies in airtight container.
Makes approximately 48 cookies.