Overnight French Toast with Mixed Berry Topping
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar or Dark Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 loaf (9 oz.) French Bread, cut into 3/4-inch thick slices (about 14 slices)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Domino® Confectioners Sugar , sifted, for dusting
In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine butter, sugar and syrup. Stirring constantly, bring to boil and then boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat; pour into bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish. Arrange bread slices in single layer on top of brown sugar mixture.
In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon; blend well. Pour egg mixture over bread slices. Cover and refrigerate overnight until most of the liquid is absorbed.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400°F. Uncover the pan and bake 30 minutes.
Prepare Mixed Berry Topping according to instructions.
Remove French Toast from oven; dust with sifted confectioners' sugar. Place baking dish under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Top with Mixed Berry Topping and serve immediately.
Click here for Mixed Berry Topping recipe.