Pear Almond Tart
- pastry for single crust 9-inch pie
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely ground blanched almonds
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (29 ounce) can pear halves in heavy syrup
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom with pastry; trim edges until pastry is even with top edge of pan. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, ground almonds, maple syrup, almond extract and flour. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared tart shell.
Drain pears, reserving liquid. Place each pear half, round-side-up, on a cutting board and cut crosswise into thin slices. Arrange pear halves on filling, rounded side up and narrow ends pointing toward center.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until the tart shell is golden and the filling is browned.
While the tart is baking, bring the reserved pear liquid to a boil in a small saucepan; reduce to 1/4 cup. Brush pear glaze over the fresh-from-the-oven pears. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature.