Pear and Cranberry Crisp
6 to 8 servings
- 5 cups (3 large) pears, sliced, peeled and cored
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (or frozen, thawed)
- 1 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup California walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
Combine pears and cranberries in prepared dish. Sprinkle with 2 to 4 tablespoons sugar, depending on tartness of pears.
In large bowl, mix 3/4 cup sugar, flour, nutmeg and salt. Add butter; cut in with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Mix in walnuts and oats. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes, until fruit is bubbly and top is lightly browned.
Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Featured by The Walnut Marketing Board.