Pear Tart with Brown Sugar Topping
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled butter or margarine, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Sweet Tart Pastry recipe (for single-crust 9-inch pie)
- 4 cups ripe Bartlett pears, peeled, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Blend flour, sugar, butter and salt together in bowl of food processor until clumps form, about 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and chill.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom with prepared pastry; trim edges until pastry is even with top edge of pan. Set aside.
Combine pears, sugar and flour in large bowl; toss to coat. Mound mixture evenly into prepared tart shell. Sprinkle topping thickly over pears.
Bake tart until crust is golden, about 20 minutes. Cover very loosely with foil to prevent crust from overbrowning; continue to bake until juices are bubbly, about 20 minutes longer. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Click here for Sweet Tart Pastry recipe.