Perfect Pound Cake
- 2 1/2 cups Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans and dust with flour; set aside.
In large mixing bowl, beat sugar, butter, cream cheese and extracts for 4 to 5 minutes, until very creamy and light in color. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the sugar mixture, one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition for a smooth batter.
Spoon batter evenly between 2 prepared pans. Cut through batter several times with a knife to break large air bubbles.
Bake 65 to 70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow loaves to rest 15 minutes, then carefully, using a butter knife, release loaves from sides of pan. Remove from pan and cool right side up on rack.
Cool completely, slice and enjoy. Store any remaining cake in plastic wrap.