Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 3/4 cup - butter or margarine, melted, divided
- 3/4 cup - firmly packed Domino® Light or Dark Brown Sugar
- 7 - pineapple slices
- 1/4 cup - pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups - all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons - baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon - salt
- 1/2 cup - Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup - milk
- 1 - egg
- 1/2 teaspoon - vanilla
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place 4 tablespoons melted butter in 9-inch cake pan and tilt the pan back and forth to coat the bottom. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the melted butter.
Arrange pineapple slices over brown sugar mixture and sprinkle with pineapple juice.
In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add milk, egg, vanilla and remaining melted butter and beat until blended. Carefully spoon batter over pineapple in pan.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn out on serving plate and serve warm or cool.
Makes 8 servings.
Note: Fresh pineapple may be used or 1 (20-oz.) can pineapple slices. If using canned pineapple reserve liquid for pineapple juice.