Quick and Easy Lemon Ice Cream
about 3 cups ice cream (6 servings)
- 2 cups whipping cream or half and half
- 1 cup Domino® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar or Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- mint leaves and berries or very thin slices of lemon coated with granulated sugar for garnish
In a large bowl, combine cream and sugar; stir until sugar dissolves. Blend in lemon zest and juice.
Pour into shallow pan. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
Spoon into dessert glasses, lemon shells or boat (see below). Garnish with mint and berries or lemon, if desired.
To Make Lemon Shell: Cut 1/3 off end of large lemon. Carefully ream out juice; reserve. Scrape shell clean with spoon.
To Make Lemon Boat: Cut large lemon in half lengthwise. With shallow "V" shape cut, remove white center core. Carefully ream out juice; reserve. Scrape shell clean with spoon.
2 to 3 lemons yield about 1/3 cup juice.
Lemon shells and lemon boats may be made ahead and frozen until ready to use.