- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
In small bowl, pour boiling water over raisins, just to cover. Let stand 5 minutes; drain well.
In a large bowl, stir together sour cream and baking soda; set aside for 5 minutes. Add melted butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla; blend well.
Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in small mixing bowl. Add to sour cream mixture and stir just until moistened; fold in raisins. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
Bake 65 to 75 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool on rack.