Raspberry Crumble Pie
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- prepared pastry for one-crust 9-inch pie
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Domino® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 4 1/2 cups fresh raspberries (about 3 half-pints)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, cut into bits
In small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry; set aside.
In large bowl, combine sugar and corn starch. Gently fold in raspberries and lemon juice. Transfer raspberry mixture to pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter; sprinkle crumble topping over pie. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil.
Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 30 minutes longer, or until juices near center are bubbly. Cool completely on wire rack.
In place of fresh raspberries, use individually quick-frozen raspberries (no sugar or syrup added). Increase corn starch to 3 1/2 tablespoons and baking time to 70 minutes.