Red Velvet Cake Pops
24 to 30 cake pops
- 1 recipe Domino® Red Velvet Cupcakes (see Quick Tip for link)
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (16 oz.) packages chocolate wafers
- 24 to 30 craft or lollipop sticks
Bake Domino® Red Velvet Cupcakes according to directions, using a greased cupcake pan without liners. When completely cooled, crumble cupcakes into large mixing bowl and set aside.
In another bowl, using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, butter, milk and vanilla extract, blending well until smooth.
Pour cream cheese mixture over crumbled cake; mix until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, or overnight.
Once the cake is chilled, roll into 2-inch balls and place back into cupcake pans. Place filled cupcake pans in freezer for at least 2 hours.
In a microwave-safe bowl, place one 16-oz pkg of white chocolate wafers. Cook on high for 60 to 75 seconds, stopping every 20 seconds, until chocolate is melted. Repeat with other package, if necessary.
Remove cake balls from freezer, and insert popsicle stick halfway into center. Dip frozen cake balls into melted chocolate. The chocolate will harden quickly, so you may insert cake pops into a piece of styrofoam to dry upright.