Rustic Apple Pie
- prepared pastry for one-crust 9-inch pie
- 1/2 cup firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups Golden Delicious apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- fresh blackberries (optional garnish)
- Domino® Confectioners Sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare foil-lined cookie sheet.
Roll pastry into an 11-inch circle. Transfer to prepared cookie sheet.
In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add apples; toss to coat well. Spoon apples into center of crust, leaving a 2-inch edge. Fold pastry up onto apples, pinching the edge at 2-inch intervals.
Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F and bake 30 minutes longer, or until apples are tender.
For a special touch, sprinkle the top with fresh blackberries. Before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar.
When you bake an apple pie, you need to choose a variety that can stand up to the heat. Other varieties good for baking include Rome Beauty, Cortland, Stayman, Granny Smith and Winesap.