Spider Web Brownie
10 to 12 servings
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 cup Domino® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces (2 squares) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
Spider Web Glaze
- 1 cup Domino® Confectioners Sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- assorted cookies or candies for spider, red licorice whips for legs
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a 12x1/2-inch pizza pan.
In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add cocoa; stir to combine. Remove from heat.
In large mixing bowl, beat sugars and eggs. Add cocoa-butter mixture; stir to combine. Add flour, buttermilk, vanilla and salt; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely.
Place chocolate in a small bowl. In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add cream and corn syrup; stir until combined.
Remove from heat; pour over chocolate. Let stand 1 minute; stir until smooth. Pour chocolate glaze over brownie; refrigerate until glaze is set.
Spider Web Glaze
In small bowl, beat together confectioners' sugar, butter and milk until smooth. If necessary, add more milk until glaze is spreading consistency.
Using a pastry bag with a writing tip filled with glaze, pipe four concentric circles, about 1 inch apart, as well as a dot in the center of the brownie. Run tip of knife through circles to make the "spider web."
Place cookie or candy for spider’s body and head on brownie. Cut 8 licorice whip pieces; curve and arrange for spider's legs.