8 ounces sauce
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup serrano red and orange peppers, sliced and seeded
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Domino® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup water, divided
Heat oil in a saucepan and add peppers, garlic, onion and salt. Sauté the mixture for 5 minutes. Add vinegar, sugar and 1/2 cup of water. Simmer until most of the liquid has reduced by half.
Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature. Once cooled, carefully spoon into a blender and purée for 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to achieve desired consistency.
Spoon the sauce into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 weeks.
It is advised to wear food prep gloves while preparing this sauce. Be careful not to touch your skin, especially any part of your face, while working with hot peppers.